Scotland’s capital and cultural heart, Edinburgh, with overnight accommodation in a central mid-range hotel or in an excellent Bed and Breakfast establishment.If you want a refreshing and stimulating break in one of Europe¹s most beautiful cities, a World Heritage Site, Edinburgh is the very place for you. In this picture book city, which unites the medieval Old Town with the New (250 year old!)Town, you can easily and comfortably discover all the highlights on foot. You will be spellbound by the wonderfully beguiling atmosphere of this friendly city. In August Edinburgh hosts the world¹s biggest festival of the arts.
Wherever you go in Edinburgh there is so much to see that you will constantly come across another of its many attractions. Visit a couple of the fascinating museums, the imposing castle on its rock, or perhaps one of the great art galleries. Seek out St Giles Cathedral, the famous Botanical Gardens, or follow in the footsteps of Mary Queen of Scots when you visit the royal Palace of Holyrood. Between seeing the sights and going shopping, you can relax in friendly cafes and watch the lively throngs of passers-by.In the evening, take yourself off to a traditional pub. Or how would you like an original ghost tour with Dr Jekyll through the darkest, haunted corners of the Old Town?
PRICES 2015 :
Price for 1 day holiday extension accommodation in a good quality modern but stylish mid-range hotel in the city centre:
– With half-board (very good three-course dinner and full Scottish breakfast)
£110.00 per person per night in a double/twin room.
– Price without dinner and with full Scottish breakfast:
£ 85.00 per person per night in double/twin room. BB
– single room supplement: £ 30.00 per night
– children under 12 sharing with parents: 50% of adult price
– additional price for August: £35.00 per person per nightin a charming bed and breakfast establishment in a central location:
£ 70.00 per person per night in double/twin room with full Scottish breakfast
– single room supplement £ 30.00 per night
– children under 12 sharing parents’ room: 50% of adult price
– additional price for end of July and August: £35.00 per person per night