At Rob Roy Tours Ltd, we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme
- We aim to be energy efficient – our appliances and boiler are A or B rated, we have good loft insulation and our lighting is low energy.
- We use water wisely – we have low flush toilets and a water butt.
- We buy recycled products and eco-friendly products.
- We have native trees in the office garden and put up bird boxes in the grounds.
- We minimize our waste as well as recycling and composting what we can
- We publish our catalogue and detailed tour literature only on the Internet, to avoid waste.
- We have public transport information for customers.
- Transport on tours is by minibus for small groups and coach for larger groups. We also use train connections and ferries. We support public transport.
- We use local wherever possible. We support small communities by using small family owned B & B’s wherever possible.
- We look for similar commitment for the businesses we deal with, such as hotels and tourist attractions. We look for Green Partners.
- We ask customers to observe the Countryside code. On our walks we are careful to avoid causing damage or disturbance to wildlife.