We advise you on and organise your individual holiday extension in a hotel, castle hotel, B&B or holiday home before or after your tour.
This is a special service for our clients which we offer at absolutely minimal cost since we see it as part of our service to you. We are pleased to have happy customers who will recommend our tours to others. You will benefit from the best possible advice and get excellent value for money that you would not be able to obtain elsewhere.
Below you will find seven examples, ranging from accommodation in Edinburgh to excellent Highland hotels to a sheep farm, which our clients have always enthusiastically endorsed.
The journeys to and from your accommodation are not included in the tour price, but all destinations are chosen because they are within easy reach of bus or rail services. Often we can even drive you there ourselves at the end of your tour. Alternatively, you may prefer to hire a car from the airport when the rest of the group leaves (please ask for the price of car rental), but you certainly will not have to do so.
If you are looking for something quite special and out of the ordinary to fulfil your holiday dream, please ask us.
We have even organised a wedding in Edinburgh for customers from Germany – free of charge! – and you will always find us ready to listen to your wishes.
1) Participation in two or more tours
You can combine most of our tours with other tours. In the individual tour descriptions above, under the heading of “Departure Dates”, you will find enough information to tell you which departures follow on from your chosen tour. Generally (but unfortunately not always), you can get between a 5 or 10% discount on booking a second tour. Please ask us.
2) You can book our 9 day individually self guided railway tour “Travel in Style – Scottish Railway Adventure” in combination with any of our group holidays. Either guided or self guided, 9 days to and from Edinburgh, with three possible types of accommodation. Includes the option of an individually tailored walking tour away from all roads.
3) The picturesque West Highland Hotel in Mallaig on the fascinating coast of the Western Highlands combines British charm and real relaxation with an unsurpassed landscape and a wealth of cultural and sporting leisure opportunities.
4) In the beautiful valley of Glen Orchy and right in the middle of “Movie Scotland” lies the idyllic B&B Glenorchy Farm. Be a guest on a working sheep farm – pure relaxation.
5) Scotland’s Hotel in Pitlochry in the heart of the Highlands is delightfully situated, with lots of opportunities for organising your free time in relaxation or in cultural and sporting activities.
6) Scotland’s capital and cultural heart, Edinburgh, with overnight accommodation in a central mid-range hotel or in an excellent Bed and Breakfast establishment. If you want a refreshing and stimulating break in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, this is the very place for you. In this picture book city you can comfortably discover all the highlights on foot. Allow yourself to be spellbound by the wonderfully beguiling atmosphere of this outstandingly friendly city.
7) The Heart of Glasgow with overnight hotel accommodation. The largest Scottish city is unjustly overshadowed by Edinburgh. Anyone interested in architecture, beautiful artworks, museums and galleries and the monuments of an eventful history, in a city buzzing with life and culture which is known for the friendliness of its people, will be delighted with Glasgow and its outgoing inhabitants.